LGBTQ Youth College Scholarships
The LEA Scholarship program supports LGBTQ+ and allies who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing the mission of the LEA and the LGBT movement.
- Senior applying or attending college in the academic year 2018-19
- Open to undocumented and Dream Act Students
- Be attending an accredited college, university, or vocational school within the United States or Canada. Proof of acceptance is required.
- The scholarship is open to self-identified Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender or Ally graduating high school seniors meeting the prescribed criteria.
- Must be available to attend the Purple Lily Awards on Thursday June 28th, 2018
- This scholarship does involve some kind of public recognition
- Must have at least a 2.0 or above
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Application Deadline: May 15th, 2018 at 11:59PM
- Awardees will be informed on May 30th
For questions please contact scholarship selection committee members:
Liz Lopez 323.810.1054
Jessica Correa 323.334.5080
Marco Valadez 626.290.2514
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save The Date!
Official Calavera T-Shirt
$30 per shirt
About the Symbolism in the Calavera Skull: LEA’s logo is orange in advocacy against gun violence. The green ribbon highlights mental health, colors of the rainbow flag are in the cheeks and the gender symbols represent binary and non-binary identity. The diamond honors the LGBTQ community, the roses symbolize life and the skull itself signifies our sameness in humanity. Artist is Anthony Gutierrez.
Once the purchase order is confirmed, a representative will follow up with your t-shirt size request and information on where to pick up your order or for your shipping address.
Proceeds from t-shirts sales will support our LGBTQ and ally youth council.
Thank you for your support.